Thursday 2 January 2014

Christmas 2013

This is the Chicken Wire Frame http://anita-brizzi.blogspot.com.au/2013/08/diy-chicken-wire-frame.html I made which I decorated with a Christmas wreath and one of my signs. 

I hope everyone had a beautiful Christmas day with family & friends celebrating the birthday of our beautiful Jesus!

I can’t believe it is over already and that I actually pulled it off considering how busy we were the weeks leading up until Christmas. The month of December we spent adding finishing touches to the renovations inside our home plus moving the rest of the furniture we have had stored at mum & dad’s house for two years and unpacking lots of boxes! So I left all my cooking until a day before Christmas which was fine except that I must confess I have a serious problem - I want to cook most recipes from scratch!:)I blame my Italian mother who was always making everything from scratch growing up! lol So I am always adding extra pressure to myself when entertaining, luckily I enjoy it and after unpacking all those boxes which I really disliked it was a remedy.

The kids loved the Croquembouche Christmas Tree, made especially my for boy who was fascinated with Christmas Trees this year!



I managed to make the Pita Bread, Dips, Pate Brisee for my pumkin pie, Taralli biscuits, Chocolate Ginger Bread Biscuits for children’s stockings and Lady Finger biscuits for my trifle all in time! I was pretty impressed as I still had energy left over to enjoy the evening with my beautiful family!


For the Lady Finger Biscuits I used the recipe from the site below they always turns out great!

This year was the first time I decided to add pumpkin pie to the menu and I didn’t realise until Christmas Eve that it is a Sweet dish! lol So after searching the net for a savoury pumpkin pie recipe I used the recipe on the links below and turned out delicious will definitely make that again!

I was too busy to take photos this year so this is the only picture I have of my Savory Pumpkin Pie!
http://allrecipes.co.uk/recipe/28203/savoury-pumpkin-pie.aspx
The last two years I have made my own Christmas cards and I really enjoy it! The kids really appreciate it which I love seeing!



What a wonderful thought it is that some of the best days of our lives haven’t happened yet! 
Christine Caine  (I think!)

Happy 2014!


Anita x

2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Anita! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year Anita! I miss stopping by this lovely blog. I am glad you had a wonderful holiday and enjoyed your family. I am super impressed with you making pate. It is NOT easy!! :-)

    ReplyDelete