Tuesday 1 October 2013

Lots Of Chocolate Cakes

Hello Wednesday
Life has been very busy for us the last few weeks. We took a lovely family holiday in Sydney where Nathan and I drove 16 hours there and back dodging Kangaroos on the roads. 
A photo of nicer times with Kangaroos where we are feeding them instead of dodging them with our car!
 
Probably my favorite place in Australia Central Coast. Love it!

Back in Adelaide I made two birthday cakes for my sister (it’s complicated :)) and in between all that I got to take a ride in an ambulance after passing out (I can joke about it now). So it has been crazy to say the least.
For my sister’s birthday party with our family I made this Cadbury Block chocolate cake which I have made before. I had fun making it again!
The cake below was for my sister’s birthday party with her friends. It was fun to make but it turned out to be bit of disaster in the end.
 I made a Martha Stewart caramel sauce which was delicious but while we were transporting it to the party the layers in the bottom tier starting to slide! I have no idea why this happened I assume the caramel sauce melted making the cake slide. If anyone has any idea what went wrong I would love for you to leave a comment! Lucky I had made her a cake that stayed together the week before! lol

Happy Week Friends.
Anita x

God will never give up on you. He is always there for you. He endures every difficulty with you. He loves you.

Nicky Gumbel

1 comment:

  1. Anita you know I am a huge fan of your work! The cakes were beautiful despite what happened. Your trip sounded exciting! I think I would have been scared to see kangaroos so close!

    ReplyDelete