Tuesday 3 September 2013

DIY Picture Frame


I stumbled across this great photo frame idea on Pin Interest and when my mum gave me some old framed prints that she no longer wanted I knew exactly how I wanted to use them!

A few weeks ago I posted about the chicken wire frame I made http://anita-brizzi.blogspot.com.au/2013/08/diy-chicken-wire-frame.html. Well on that old frame we pulled off some timber trimming that was nailed to hold the old fly screen in place. I kept the trimmings hoping I could reuse them for a project like this one day!
What I did:
  • I cut the old recycled timber trimmings to size and sanded and repainted them white.
  • I glued the timber to the glass of the frame with PVA glue and let them dry overnight.
  • I printed out one of my favorite phrases and positioned it on the glass with tape.
  • I painted the phrase using white acrylic paint but I will give it another coat when I have time.
 

  • If you need a frame that you can recycle for a project like this be sure to check out thrift stores.

 So easy...I am happy with the way this project turned out.

A glad heart makes a happy face.
Proverbs 15:13
Love Anita x

1 comment:

  1. Hi Anita! That's a great idea. You've inspired me to try it. Thank you for co-hosting the "Fun Friday Blog Hop!"

    All the best,

    Vashti

    ReplyDelete