Saturday 17 August 2013

Learning to Croquembouche



Hello Lovely Friends,

I have always wanted to be able to make croquembouches and so I thought I would try and learn from searching the internet!

Here are pictures of my first two attempts.

The first one I made using a croquembouche cone which I left inside because I was too lazy to try and get it out.


Supposedly you can use the inside or the outside of the cone to construct the croquembouche.  I think next time I will use the inside of the cone.

The second one I made was constructed freehand as you can tell. J


I think with a few more practices I can get better. :) 

The really fun part for me though was decorating them with fondant. Next time I have to be more patient and let the croquembouche set before I decorate - I was very eager to see the end result!

Well, I will keep you updated on mastering the art of the croquembouches.

Have Fun!

'The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of everything. They just make the most of everything'
Nicky Gumbel.


Much Love Anita x

1 comment:

  1. Looks awesome. Look your choice of a quote about the happiest people too. Very true.

    ReplyDelete