Thursday 22 August 2013

DIY Pottery Barn Spoon & Fork


Ok just in case you’re wondering, YES I do LOVE Pottery Barn and if it were possible I would live in Pottery Barn. Or if I could I would do a Rachel from ‘Friends’ TV show and decorate my entire house with Pottery Barn furniture! Lol

So sorry PB that I keep coming up with knocks off of your ideas, you just always get everything right and you know exactly what I want!

For instance this lovely Spoon & Fork Canvas. Love it!


But at the moment it’s out of budget for me and it’s actually too big for my tiny kitchen. It wouldn't fit there as it’s probably the size of my kitchen! J So that’s why I had to use your amazing idea and make my own little version.

And it was so much fun and so easy.

It was also the first time, since high school I have used soft pastels. Admittedly I am still not good with them! J But having said that I don’t think it turned out too bad. My husband thought it looked pretty good too.

Here is what I did:
  • I used a 10 x 20 inch canvas.


  • I downloaded the picture from Pottery Barn and opened it in Paint. I copied the spoon and the fork separately and re-sized them to fit on the canvas together as shown in the picture above.
  • I positioned the fork and spoon printouts on the canvas and stuck them in place using tape. 

  • With carbon paper I copied the outline of the spoon and fork onto the canvas.

  • With a black soft pastel I went over the outline. I am not sure of the technique for using pastels so I just had fun J I tried to get some shade happening using the original picture as a guide!

I had a lot of fun doing this project and it looks really cute in the kitchen!


Happy Friday! 

Faith is trusting that God's answers are always wiser than my requests! 
Rick Warren

Anita x


6 comments:

  1. Looks great! Did you seal them with anything when you were finished?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anita, I think you did a super job! I love them! Thank you for telling us how easy it is to make. I may get brave and try it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. really nice. Would love to see a picture of the project mounted in your kitchen too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome job....I would like to try this on a small scale and work my way up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did an awesome job!

    I am your newest follower.

    Judy

    ReplyDelete