Happy Friday Friends!
I don’t work but I really look forward to my husband having the weekend off and getting a bit more attention from him, so I love Fridays! lol
Tonight for dinner I have made some ricotta gnocchi. I was given this recipe from my beautiful friend in Sydney a few years ago and have made them many times since. It’s one of those recipes that never fails me, it just works every time. Usually I need to modify recipes to get them to work.
Ricotta gnocchi are really nice; they are not as heavy as the potato gnocchi and always soft. While I love potato gnocchi I find that they can be bit filling and sickening plus I can’t tolerate potato to well lately either.
Here is the delicious recipe and some pictures I took as I was making them.
Ricotta Gnocchi Recipe
500 gm ricotta drained
2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
2 cups of plain flour
Salt and Pepper
Extra flour if required
- Mix all the above ingredients in a bowl and combine adding extra flour if required. Remove dough from the bowl and knead for a few minutes.
- Before covering dough with gladwrap break off a bit of dough.
- Roll the bit of dough into a log on a floured board to the size you would like your gnocchi.
- Flatten log just slightly and cut squares off the log.
- You can choose to leave them as squares or you can make them the traditional way and roll each square with your fingers to get the gnocchi shape as seen in the picture.
- It’s just a matter of preference. Either way they will be yummy!
- Store in freezer on a tray covered in freezer bag until ready to cook.
- On high heat, cook the gnocchi in pot of salted boiling water until they rise to surface; usually it takes about 3-5 minutes.
- Serve with desired sauce.
Love looks for good in others and sees them in the best possible light.
Lotsa Luv Friends