Thursday 4 July 2013

Mum's Version of 'Italian Stuffed Capsicums'

-->

Hi Friends, 

I hope you have had a lovely week. 
 
Today’s I am posting one of my favorite mum's recipe ‘Stuffed Capsicum.’Being Italian I have a great cook of a mum and friends who cook deliciously too. So I hope to share a couple with you in next couple of weeks, plus I have a few up my sleeve. 

I think every Italian mum has their own version of stuffed capsicum and there all as good!

I really shouldn’t eat these as I can only have minimal gluten in my diet but a couple of weeks ago I was craving these so much I decided to make them...of course I paid for it, but for that moment I enjoyed every speck of gluten ALTHOUGH I won’t be having these for a really long time again. J

For those who aren’t gluten intolerant - Bless Your Soul as you get to truly indulge and enjoy recipes like these J

Mum’s Stuff Capsicum Recipe
11-16 Tablespoons  (as required)  tomato paste sauce
900 gm Continental sliced bread (2 x bags)
2 x garlic crushed
4 x eggs
Hand full of parsley
4 Tablespoons parmesan cheese
1 Tablespoon olive oil
Salt and pepper
Oil and salt to drizzle over capsicums
8 Peppers (we like the smaller sized ones!)
Note: If you like variety (we are bit fussy in my family and like things plain) you can add sardines, anchovies or olives, whatever you like really to this recipe.


Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
Remove the crust from the bread and discard then mince the white portion of the bread, garlic, parsley and parmesan cheese together.
Place in a large bowl and add the sauce, eggs, olive oil, salt and pepper. Mix until completely combined. The mixture should have a doughy consistency that sticks together.

Remove green stalks from peppers and discard (I was very lazy as you can see in the pictures and just chopped off the whole top...my son was hungry so I was on a mission!) J
Stuff the capsicum with the combined mixture.
Put stuffed capsicums on baking tray lined with baking paper. 


Drizzle peppers with olive oil and salt and pepper.
Cover with aluminium foil and cook for approximately 1/2 hour then uncover and cook for further 1/2 hour or until browned.
Yum!

Well, I don’t ever wish to complain on this blog but I do want to be transparent and for a while I have been in quite a bit of pain and suffering due to Crohn’s, which lately has left me with a poor quality of life...I feel I am hostage to it! But I take comfort in reading my bible and this verse below has really been comforting me and thought I would share it.

‘He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away’. Revelations 21:4

Happy Weekend Friends
Love Anita x

1 comment:

  1. looks so yum! im going to try them.

    ReplyDelete