Mmmm Sesame street or Thomas?
This was a very rushed cake experiment so I didn’t take many photos as I didn’t think it would turn out. But for an amateur who was taking short cuts it's not too bad, at least my Noah thinks so! Every time I make a cake now Noah asks if its a 'Thomas cakey!'
I am hoping Noah grows out of his love for Thomas but if I have to make it again at least it will be easier.
Tips I remembered that I applied:
- I used one of Noah’s Train as a basic model.
- I first determined size of Thomas face using cookie cutters. Then I made the train in portion to his face.
- Based on the model I was using I cut pieces of cake separately. I used relevant size cookie cutters for round parts of carriage.
- I covered each piece with fondant to give it a cleaner look and because I think it made it easier to keep together.
- I attached each piece to form the train with piping gel and toothpicks.
- The wheels are balls of fondant lightly pressed flat.
- For Thomas face I followed instructions from a fantastic blog I discovered called - 'how to cook that' Here is the link:
As I mentioned I was rushing when I was making this cake so I didn’t think about how to for the blog but I just wanted to give an overall gist of it. If you have any questions though please feel free to email or comment below.
Well back to life where I have taken out Noah’s lego, packed them up only to take them out again only to pack them up only to take them out again! Ah the life of a mummy! Love it!
Have a beautiful day.