Wednesday 1 May 2013

Mmmamma Mia Dessert!



One of my favorite things about having an Italian heritage is the amazing food and delicious desserts my mum when I was growing up... and lucky  for me she still does! My mum and many other Italians have been making this one forever and it's soooo good and really easy to whip up when you have visitors over.

The only ingredients are 2-3 sheets of puff pastry and your favourite custard mix.

Pre-heat the oven to 200 decrees.

Thaw puff pastry. Then cut sheets into 2-3cm strips.

Wrap a bit of baking paper around a cannoli tube then wrap the puff pastry around the ring making sure it overlaps so no custard will run out.

Wrap them around the cannoli tube.

Cook them until puff pastry is golden. Let them cool slightly.

With a Wilton 1A tip pipe custard in the puff pastry cannoli.

Dust icing sugar over them and refrigerate until you are ready to enjoy them!

My husband and I love these especially when they have been kept overnight.
Have a super day.
Love Anita X

No comments:

Post a Comment