Thursday 2 May 2013

Happy Friday


 
My legendary Nonno made this charming little table decades ago. When he passed my dad kept it in his garage and used it to store his tools and stuff where it was slowly decaying. My dad kept it because of its sentimental value, but he didn’t really appreciate it. So as soon as I learnt that my Nonno made it I decided to rescue it! After all I am certain my Nonno made it with a lot of love and because I thought so highly of him it was special to me. So with the help of my lovely super husband we restored it.


Compared to what the table initially looked like (FYI it had an old ugly brown laminate table top on it!) it turned out ok! It has a shabby chic kinda look. Mostly I just think its super cool that I have a table my Nonno made!

It didn't take long and after sanding the frame, a couple of coats of paint, some nails to attach the cheap pine wood we got from Bunning’s and a light stain, it was restored and ready to be used! My husband and I liked the colour of the pine so I only used a drop of Stain & Varnish, Liming White from Feast Watson on a damp cloth and lightly applied it on the table.






 

Well, I must go and tend to things around the house but if anyone is out there I hope you have a super weekend.

Anita X

No comments:

Post a Comment