Sunday 28 April 2013

When It Rains...



It’s a rainy day today, but I must admit I love it when it rains. I love the grey clouds and being cuddled up at home with my family, it’s so warm and cosy being together. But no matter how much I love it this weather, I still feel bit blue when there is no sunshine!

So when I sense this blue feeling coming my way I always like to remind myself of this verse, ‘This is the day that the Lord as made I will rejoice and be glad in it.’ So much so that I decided to paint this verse so I will always remember that no matter the circumstances, no matter how I feel I can choose to be grateful and happy for the day I have been blessed with. Of course, some days are easier than others mind you but after struggling with my health for the last two years, this verse has helped me to keep a cheerful and hopeful perspective!

 

I reclaimed the timber for this from an old cupboard door my dad gave me that he was going to throw away. I added some wooden  beading around the inside edges to finish it off and make it more decorative.

Well, stay gorgeous and happy today!

LOVE Anita X

No comments:

Post a Comment